ENGINEERING: Quality Management Key To Success
Recent Western Cape Business News
FABRINOX strives to ensure total customer satisfaction by offering products of superior quality throughout the production process. It complies with ISO9001 and has a comprehensive Quality Management System in place in order to ensure conformance.
Fabrinox is currently in process of implementing ISO 3834 by the South African Welding Institute in order to continuously improve the standards of welded assemblies.
Recent 2nd party audits include Areva NP, a French nuclear service company in conjunction with Lesedi Nuclear Services of South Africa and SAAB/Avitronics.
SAAB/Avitronic’s audit was to ensure compliance to ISO9001. No non-conformances were raised.
Areva NP / Lesedi Nuclear Services audit was to ensure compliance to ISO9001 as well as certain aspects of the nuclear industry namely FRA N100 requirements.
Very high tolerances are required for especially the bending and welding processes.
A comprehensive custom quality plan is drafted for each project to ensure customer requirements are met and this is followed throughout the process up to final inspection to ensure conformance to standards.
The benefits of a quality management system are:
• Raising the awareness amongst employees of the importance of quality and to make the company on a whole even more customer orientated.
• Rationalising and standardising work practices and processes for higher efficiency and to minimize wastage.
• Continual improvement.
• Improvement in product and service quality.
• Decrease in products not adhering to customer standards.
• Credibility in the marketplace.
• Increase in competitive edge.
• Improvement in internal communication.
• Improvement in quality awareness, and cultivation of a quality culture.
• Improvement in record keeping and control systems, leading to better decision making.
• Greater discipline in processes and procedures.
• Improvement in management efficiency.
• Certain international specifications are a minimum requirement to enter lucrative first-world markets.
Business News Sector Tags:
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home